Crankster

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Aucturian Meme

Judith tagged me with this meme. I'm not sure if she wrote it herself, but it was a lot of fun, so I decided to pass on the joy. Olives, Mystic Wing, and the CEO all get this one.

Another profoundly cool thing that Judith did was offer a song as a payoff for the meme. Here's one that I enjoy. I don't know if this is the best cover by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, but it's the best one I could find on YouTube:



If you could have any piece of art what would it be?
Part of me would want some Jeff Koons, just so I could spare the world, but I think I'd go with Night Cafe by Van Gogh (I know--obvious choice).

Name two of your guilty pleasures
Drinking heavy cream mixed with sugar and masturbation.

If you were an actor/actress who would it be and what movie would you choose to take the lead role in?
Bogart, Maltese Falcon.

What's the most romantic gesture someone's made to you?
I'm not going to answer this one.

Who's your favorite superhero / villain?
The Badger.

What's your favorite leftover food?
Szechuan Beef

Describe in five words how you saw yourself in high school
Smart, geeky, funny, chubby, goofy.

If you could live anywhere in the world were would it be and why?
Tough question! Probably Prague--great food, creepy atmosphere, wonderful people, and excellent public attractions.

Name five good gifts you would like to recieve (within reason- no sports cars etc)
A cashmere sweater, a new briefcase/messenger bag, some nice shirts, any of the Universal monster film re-releases on DVD, and a signed first edition of Lamb.

If you could live one week in a cartoon what would it be and why?
Johnny Quest, because it'd be a really exciting week.

Oooh, oooh, or Scooby Doo for the same reason, plus the weed.

Dinner for five - who would you invite (the world is your oyster)
Franz Kafka, Shel Silverstein, Ambrose Bierce, George Orwell, and Idi Amin.

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

  • A signed first edition of Lamb would be awesome! I actually looked into getting that one a while back, but it was quite a bit out of my price range. I ended up getting a signed first of The Amber Spyglass, which made me just as happy.

    By Blogger Will, At January 25, 2007 at 9:39 PM  

  • I want to go to that dinner party. I'm sure you'll send an invite.

    By Blogger mist1, At January 25, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

  • apparently you are testing how deep these shallow waters run. Crap.

    By Blogger Pickled Olives, At January 25, 2007 at 11:41 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing your list with us....Heavy cream and sugar???????
    :0
    Peace

    By Blogger Odat, At January 26, 2007 at 6:58 AM  

  • Will-
    The Amber Spyglass? You kick ass!

    BTW, I checked out your profile, but it's closed to the public. Do you have a blog?

    Thanks for stopping by!


    Mist-
    Of course! Watch out, though, as unruly guests will be fed to Idi.


    Olives-
    For some reason, this meme seemed to be right up your alley. Excuse me for the torture!


    Odat-
    Of course, that's why it's a guilty pleasure!

    By Blogger Crankster, At January 26, 2007 at 7:24 AM  

  • My profile should be viewable now, but here's a link to the blog in case it's not:
    http://kissyourselfgoobye.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger Will, At January 26, 2007 at 9:27 AM  

  • Yes I did make up the meme tee hee.
    So do your guilty pleasures go hand in hand if you'll pardon the pun or are they seperate :o) LOL
    The badger? Prey tell, not familiar..
    Ahh prague motherland of kafka, architects dream and home to the Sex museum, went there with the chappy in November 05 and stayed in the most gorgeous of hotels, found a giger tattoo parlour on our last day, feckin typical. I always wanted to go there and lived up to our expectations, went on a boat cruise at Judiths bridge just at the end of the Charles Bridge plus we actually got a great souvenier of an actual cobble on a roadworks ahh sweet memories .. !
    BTW theres a caption comp going on in at mine if you all fancy a chance at winning some crap LOL

    By Blogger Judith, At January 26, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

  • you are right - it is right up my alley. No torture - happy to.

    I would love to be a fly on the wall at that dinner party - can you imagine the conversations they would have? cool.

    By Blogger Pickled Olives, At January 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM  

  • I'm a little unclear about how the sweetened heavy cream and masturbation fit together. Could you be more specific?

    By Blogger heartinsanfrancisco, At January 26, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

  • I know someone who would have shel silverstein over to dinner on a regular basis-- I understand the evenings were always very cool and kick backed

    By Blogger anony mouse? muse?, At January 27, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

  • Will-
    I didn't know it was you! How's life treating you?


    Judith-
    Guilty pleasures are definitely separate. I have a long tongue, but not that long.

    I might have to make a post about the Badger--it's a comic that ran for a short period in the early 1990's.

    I can't say enough wonderful things about Prague. I've got a cobble myself--felt guilty about stealing it, but glad that I've got it, y'know? And the Sex Machine museum? Don't get me started!


    Olives-
    I just realized that all the authors are satirists. Yeah, I think it'd be an interesting conversation!


    Hearts-
    Last night, I cheated on my diet. I had tiramisu in a shallow bowl of heavy cream. Not sexual per se, but I might end up fantasizing about it in the future!


    Anonymouse-
    I can only imagine. And envy.

    By Blogger Crankster, At January 27, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

  • Things are going pretty well. I have five interviews coming up, so I'm very excited about that. We'll have to do lunch again sometime.

    By Blogger Will, At January 28, 2007 at 12:37 AM  

  • I don't know a male over age 30 who wouldn't give a patch of his hair to have a week on Johnny Quest. Entire afternoons in our neighborhood are taken up with Johnny Quest discussions.

    By Blogger Jocelyn, At January 28, 2007 at 2:34 AM  

  • I wonder after all these years, you still feel guilty for doing that M thing.

    By Blogger ramo, At January 28, 2007 at 4:17 AM  

  • I am acknowledging I have read this post. I will begin my response on Sunday evening. Thankyouverymuch

    By Blogger The CEO, At January 28, 2007 at 3:04 PM  

  • Will-
    I look forward to it.


    Jocelyn-
    Call it eurocentric, racist, escapist trash, but I love Johnny Quest. Although I'm leaning more and more toward Scooby Doo.


    Ramo-
    The guilt adds spice. I don't regret it.


    CEO-
    Thanks for forgiving my brutal tagging of you.

    By Blogger Crankster, At January 28, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

  • You aren't brutal, you're the kid brother my mother refused to give every time I asked. If I was really upset, I'd just ignore it.

    I'm really upset about the Bloggies though..

    Blogger is being weird.

    CEO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 28, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

  • I think Blogger ate my comment saying what a kickin' video/song that is!!

    By Blogger Claudia , At January 29, 2007 at 10:02 PM  

  • CEO-
    Right there with you on the bloggies. Bastards...


    Claudia-
    Thanks! I'm trying to spread the word!

    By Blogger Crankster, At January 30, 2007 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home