Avenging Soy Sauce
I'm sure that all of you have seen this, but I think we need to revisit the Soy Planet:
In case you're wondering what the hell's going on, here's a slightly different version with English subtitles:
I'm not sure if I'm impressed or repulsed by this. Regardless, it makes me wonder about Japanese culture. On the one hand, I wish that all my sauces had superheros to represent them. Ketchup man, Mustard Lad, The Relishinator...
The options are endless. I wonder if Peanut Butter would be a man or a woman.
At any rate, though, Kikkoman seems a little oddly homoerotic. Added to this, there's the strange details:
1. Apparently Kikkoman has a little sauce posse. However, his tendency to put them in harm's way apparently means that he needs to exact revenge for the death of his sauce buddies. Maybe he shouldn't use them as human shields in the first place?
2. Why does Kikkoman wear a huge diaper? Why does he dry-hump that huge flying fish? Why does he have a fish head?
3. Soy sauce clears up acne? Who knew!
4. Making kitty cats commit suicide is NOT COOL!
5. I like soy sauce and all, but I have to draw the line at condiments that have sex with underage-looking female superheroes. I know, I know...I'm a total prude.
Like I said, I've now got an attraction/repulsion thing going on with Japanese culture. I originally thought this was a joke, but my friend John did some digging (actually, he talked to a transplanted Japanese woman), and discovered that this is real.
One thing's for sure. I don't want to piss off Kikkoman.
If, by some strange coincidence, you find me hanging, you'll know who to blame.