Crankster

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Some Fun Things to Check Out

Okay, I'm sure that everybody already knows about Strong Bad, but if you don't, be sure to check in on him. My favorite is still the Strongbad Dragon drawing lesson.

A lesser-known site is Rather Good, although, again, most of you are probably already familiar with it. Even if you've never heard of it, you may have seen the Spongmonkeys, who shilled for Quiznos. Their debut song, We Like the Moon is available on this site.

Anyway, Rathergood is bizarre, coarse, yet very innocent. I like to imagine that it was put together by the insane half-brother of Strongbad's creator, who spends all his time in a cage in the basement. Some of my favorites on the site are the Kafka-cum-MTV A Frightened Boy, the trippy Mark Llama, the twisted humor of Mr. Stabby, the fast humor of Pandas, and the charming filth of the Naughty Hedgehogs. Don't stop with these, though! Wander around the site and see what other tidbits you can retrieve from the sick mind of Joel Veitch.

Have fun!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • Recommendation: don't watch any of these while drunk!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 19, 2006 at 12:10 AM  

  • You are the original blogging double treat to score. There's the written treat and/or the research treat. Either way, you got a box of chocolates! Ya mon!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 19, 2006 at 12:44 AM  

  • LOL...Just discovered him as you can see from my Friday post...I just thought he was the funniest....don't know why cause it's just nonsensical....but i just couldn't stop laughing.

    Peace

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 19, 2006 at 9:40 AM  

  • Monicker-
    Too late! Thanks for dropping by!


    CEO-
    Thanks! I thought I was just being the lazy weekend treat.


    Odat-
    I don't know either. I think it has something to do with the quick rhythm. It really does remind me of Kafka.

    In a funny way.

    By Blogger Crankster, At November 19, 2006 at 11:14 AM  

  • HILARIOUS! Thanks for sharing. Needed the laughs today. =)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 19, 2006 at 11:34 AM  

  • I had never seen Strong Bad! That was hilarious! I find the singing hamster thingamajiggers of Rather Good rather disturbing actually...they scare me. They need to meet the Burninator!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At November 19, 2006 at 2:00 PM  

  • Irene-
    Glad they gave you a smile. Thank you for dropping by!


    Claudia-
    Thanks for making me feel like I'm performing a public service. Nobody should be without Strong Bad.

    Yes, the spongmonkeys are terrifying. But aren't the rude hedgehogs a kick?

    By Blogger Crankster, At November 19, 2006 at 11:21 PM  

  • I lurve L'il Brudder. He has the heart of a champion, you know. Every time I feel discouraged or sad, I think to myself, "I can make it on my own!" And then I giggle hysterically.

    I also very much like Teen Girl Squad. And, not to brag or anything, but a very good friend of mine knows the guys who created that site 'cos he went to college with them. Brag, brag. Only two degrees of separation!

    By Blogger Renpup, At November 20, 2006 at 10:21 AM  

  • Karen, I am in awe. Two degrees!

    I can make it on my own!

    By Blogger Crankster, At November 20, 2006 at 11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home