Crankster

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger

Monty, the infamous CEO, was kind enough to nominate me as a "Rockin' Girl Blogger" a few months ago. Unfortunately, I was knee deep in packing and getting sodomized by the White House Moving Company, so I didn't thank him and pass the award along.

As a liberated male, I, of course, aspire to be as evolved, brilliant, and generally with it as even the least advanced woman.

(Incidentally, indulging one's feminine side is not just a way of becoming more well-rounded, thoughtful, and wiser; it's also a great way of picking up chicks. I know: obvious joke.)

As a man, even a somewhat liberated one, there is only so much that I can do. Luckily, I have a lot of blogs that show me the way. It's hard to find people who haven't already gotten this award, but the following five writers have somehow slipped through the cracks. Their blogs beautifully define femininity in impressive, exciting, and completely individual ways:

Franki, of Frankily Yours, is smart, funny, and sharp as a tack. She tends to go right to the point, and is none-too-subtle in her analysis and attacks. All too many women define femininity in terms of silence, docility, and lack of self-respect. Franki shows that strength and self-awareness can be very feminine.

As I may have pointed out once or twice, Jamiesmitten is a little random, a little silly, and a lot incisive. Somewhere in this apparent contradiction, she stakes out a very brave and very feminine space.

Odat usually puts up short, happy, life-affirming posts that are the perfect antidote to a stressful day. Every so often, however, she holds forth with a longer, more personal piece that reminds me of how impressive and deeply thoughtful she is.

I don't know if Spellbound would describe herself as a "girl," but she definitely should. In the time that I've been reading her blog, I've watched her rediscover her youth, her sexuality, and her femininity. In the process, she's helped her husband rediscover a lot of his own youth and vitality.

Philanthropster doesn't often post, and more's the pity. The cautiously optimistic side of its author's personality, this site is a simple consideration of all the beauty, truth, and hope that hide in plain sight.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home